Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Regrets...


Regrets

Things I've done i can't deny
Acts of folly, filled my mind
Now, deeds of folly haunt my mind
Things that i've did seemed to right
Now it's nothing but pain of life.

Regrets.
–verb (used with object)
1. to feel sorrow or remorse for (an act, fault, disappointment, etc.): He no sooner spoke than he regretted it.
2. to think of with a sense of loss: to regret one's vanished youth.
–noun
3. a sense of loss, disappointment, dissatisfaction, etc.
4. a feeling of sorrow or remorse for a fault, act, loss, disappointment, etc.
____________________

Defined from the dictionary.com, regrets are either sorrow or regret's of one's vanshed youth. I have my fair share of regrets.

Vanished youth, i felt that that's a great way am defined. Moments of folly, just now brief point of time has caused regrets. I regret not studying, not being a good (enough) friend, not a filial enough son.

Yet, all these things might be of the past yet these are the very things that becomes the shackles of my very present being. Easy said to look forward in life, but many things in life once spiraled out of control means that there will be no turning back. Price are paid for a haughty decision, consequences faced from foolish deeds, wasted time for redundant stuff which seemed ridiculously important to be at that time.


Now all that am left is salvaged debris from a weathered wrecked ship. Making out bits and pieces trying to make the best out of what remained only to realise that it's a futile effort trying to turn scrap to gold.


I thought i needed a stroke of luck, a moment of brilliance or even a great windfall to pull me out of the slums only to realise it's my wishful thinking. I admit things are still on a greyscale. but there is a brillance light in my life now. I found a God to make the wrong things right. A God to comfort my pain, to lead me when am lost.

I was taken away everything that mattered to me in my life only finally realise that all i actually needed was a big God, a Great God. God use the foolish to shame the wise indeed. God gave me a broken life so i could seek a perfect life in him.

Now all i am is nothing but an empty vessel easily broken yet readily filled by God. Thinking back in life there are so much transistent things in life. Do they really matter? Now, i would say no! Cause other than God nothing else matters.

Praise God for the conviction in my life.


No comments: